So me and Semmern decided to spend today in good christian tradition, and went both flying and shooting.

We started the morning with a short trip in an old Piper Cub (made in 1953, in service until 1991), an amazing little plane that fondly skips into the air even with the slightest head wind.

The happy little bird.

View out the front (from the rear seat)

Internal view of the cockpit, with the newest and latest in technology...

Semmern giving the prop the startup spin.

Rural/suburban Norway

Backseat driver!

More norwegian landscape (and yes, it does look like the wing isn't attached biggrin )

Say cheese (moi!)

Enroute to a small grass stip we had as our mid-way point, Semmern showed me some of what the plane could do, like steep turns and what a controlled stall in the plane was like (which scared me, I must admit smile ).

Once we landed on the strip and turned back we took a small break while he flew some guy off to photograph something, before heading to a provisional shooting range. The weapons I have brought this time was the Remington Rand 1911A1 .45 ACP, the Smith&Wesson Model 14(-2) .38 special, the new CZ SP-01 Shadow and the Ruger Mini-14 rifle. The last three Semmern had never shot.

Our simple setup, 6 steel targets, and 3 IPSC targets, one which could swing if we wanted.

Semmern wielding the S&W Model 14, which has been tuned quite a bit by the previous owner (and made SAO, which I aim to change back to DA). His first time shooting a revolver and he loved it. It has a great trigger pull, a nice grip (Nill Grips). On his first try he downed all 6 steel plates with it.

Pew pew pew!

Me in a typical ISSF target shooter stance for one-handed shooting.

Semmern trying the CZ Shadow, and grinning like a fool. He agreed it was a huge improvement over the M&P 9 Pro I am getting rid of.

Semmern behind the Ruger Mini-14. It has a cheapo 1-4 scope that came with it, and I've mounted an accustrut on the front to help keep the barrel stiff when it heats up.

Caption needed!

Ready... Aim...

Le Ruger.

Videos are coming, but it is taking Youtube a bit to process them so I will add them in a later post once they are uploaded and processed tomorrow morning!

We both had a great time, and need to redo it again soon biggrin

From Semmern and MadDog!

Last edited by EAF331 MadDog; 04/02/12 06:25 AM.