Originally Posted By: Flyboy
That would be an F-16, sir! biggrin

Don't worry, I won't keep correcting you, I just like to develop a kind of 'theme' with some people. And as you have a very keen eye for detail, I thought I'd point out when you make a blatant mistake!

Doh! duh
Bugger me! I keep making silly mistakes on here...you can keep correcting. I make no claims to be an expert!

Plus, where the AI pilots gain experience, there is that kind of role-playing element to the game. It's almost a game on its own just planning the mission, if you do it to the lengths that you have done, and I'm sure that it's very rewarding if it succeeds.

I have found I can't just artificially raise the AI pilots rating artificially by changing their number. The game must have some way of calculating it and I don't want to mess around too much with it. But I have been bringing the KIA pilots back and their ratings have been improving. It's fun to have the other flights become more adept and better able -- it is a lot like role-playing because it becomes more about developing the skill set of the whole squad.

Oh, and when you've finished the Azer2000 campaign, you might want to try out some of my missions. In one I put in so many enemy units that I ended up having to remove some because I exceeded the game's limit! I can also recommend some good missions by other people. All found on my site, of course!

copter

I'm definitely going to have to check some of those missions out! Sounds really cool!
thumbsup

AH-64D Longbow - Purchased in 1996
Longbow Gold - Purchased in 1997
Longbow Anthology - Purchased in 1998 (still have)
...Looking for the 'Ingress Point' to this,
my fav sim of all time!