Originally Posted By: Victor1_9er

Oh yeah, it's definitely a lot of fun. First time ever that I played the campaign this far. My piloting skills have improved a great deal -- enough that I just might feel good enough to fly with Recluse soon. I certainly don't want to be a noob and crash right after starting a MP mission...lol

IT has been so long since I have taken the old girl for a spin that I would be more likely to be the noob who crashes immediately!! Your new skills are probably much better polished than my rusty old ones.

Quote:

The truth is, that I am too successful at the Azer2000 campaign. I just finished my 11th mission, and the damn Azer forces surrendered! I hadn't even pushed the front lines beyond the High Azer (3,0) map! So I just went back a mission (I backup the campaign .SGM file after each mission) and made sure most of the other flights failed at their objectives so I could continue playing the campaign and at least get to the other maps. It's fun to fly in different areas as you push the enemy eastward.

That's interesting! I recall back in the day doing an Azer2000 campaign, many many missions in and there was not a SINGLE red icon left on the map, and at the end of the mission, it declared the enemy victorious... SAY WHAAAAAT??? Eugene and I did a complete MP campaign (non-AZER2000, IIRC) and there was an odd bug where I as the client could NEVER see troops, for example being dropped off or picked up in an Insertion/Extraction. Despite the fact that he as HOST saw SUCCESS+, I saw a FAILED mission, because, for some reason, my machine didn't see any troops surviving. At the end of the campaign, and while he saw a VICTORY, I did not and didn't even get a ribbon!! Never got to the bottom of that one.

Quote:

I almost never used the rockets even back in the day, unless I absolutely had to because it was such a pain to have to get so close to the enemy for the rockets to hit. I too found it suicide and mostly stuck to Hellfires to do the job -- and still do now! Let's hope we don't have to use rockets if we do try a MP mission!

There was nothing I liked better than hovering just outside the range of a ZSU-23 and getting a rocket kill. Their range was something like 2.3 Km and I could get rocket kills out to the max 3 Km. Using MPSM to take out tanks was fun too, though they would NOT generally work on stationary tanks in revetments, despite the fact that the bomblets SHOULD have been dispersing down onto the turret.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals