FYI, I was wrong about the Anthology version being a different version then everyone else. Evidently the 2.09E patch once followed by the DDU update brings you to 2.09F. This is the same version I am running. All patched and updated LB2s are 2.09F. If I got really motivated I could install onto my old XP rig and see if the over-torque values are altitude adjusted as much as they are on my Vista machine. But I don't know if I have the energy for that. I just wanted to know if it was a bug or if it was an intentional thing. back in Windows98 it seemed to me that altitude wasn't as much of a factor -- the effect was very minimal. In any event it makes my chopper sluggish at higher elevations -- which is more realistic, but might be an exagerated effect on these faster machines. Hard to know if it is by design or a bug.

Originally Posted By: Flyboy
Sounds like you're having a good time in the Azer2000 campaign, apart from the debrief crashes.

Oh yeah, it's definitely a lot of fun. First time ever that I played the campaign this far. My piloting skills have improved a great deal -- enough that I just might feel good enough to fly with Recluse soon. I certainly don't want to be a noob and crash right after starting a MP mission...lol

The truth is, that I am too successful at the Azer2000 campaign. I just finished my 11th mission, and the damn Azer forces surrendered! I hadn't even pushed the front lines beyond the High Azer (3,0) map! So I just went back a mission (I backup the campaign .SGM file after each mission) and made sure most of the other flights failed at their objectives so I could continue playing the campaign and at least get to the other maps. It's fun to fly in different areas as you push the enemy eastward.

Good thing I did this because I discovered another cause of the debrief crash. I agree with you Flyboy that the USB joystick is mostly to blame for this, but I have now documented other ways it happens if the Pilot#.dat file is corrupted in any way as in this old post by Shadow=ASP=:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1727999/1.html

As I mentioned if the 'Replace' flag is set to true for any of the other pilots, I get the debrief crash. Also in the '[Pilot00:Mission]'section of the .dat file, if 'Mission=0x00000000' is something other then zero I get a crash. This was happening after the Azer forces surrendered and I was still trying to fly the campaign. Throughout the entire campaign the 'Mission' and 'CurrentMissionType' were both zero, but after they surrendered those changed and I kept getting debrief crashes until I went in and reset them to zero manually. Now no more debrief crashes and I can continue the campaign which I've now completed another 2 missions and the map has been pushed eastward.

Originally Posted By: Recluse
Due to the rocket bug, it is pretty much suicide to even TRY to do a campaign with limited armament.

I almost never used the rockets even back in the day, unless I absolutely had to because it was such a pain to have to get so close to the enemy for the rockets to hit. I too found it suicide and mostly stuck to Hellfires to do the job -- and still do now! Let's hope we don't have to use rockets if we do try a MP mission!

AH-64D Longbow - Purchased in 1996
Longbow Gold - Purchased in 1997
Longbow Anthology - Purchased in 1998 (still have)
...Looking for the 'Ingress Point' to this,
my fav sim of all time!