Originally Posted By: Lonewolf357
Wow, that's a VERY impressive future! Cannot wait!

P. S.: What is IRZ, by the way? And what about that "hack" that Col. Dani made? Is there anything that can be told about it? Or is it still a state secret? Initially, when Stealth was shot down, there were rumours, that Serbian S-125 was equipped with a thermal imager instead of usual Karat TV camera, and engagement was done using it... However, it appears to be untrue.

I'm also curious to that IRZ means?

Regarding the "hack" done by Col. Dani if I'm not mistaken it consisted in the following:
-> The hack was essencially done in the P-15 "Flat Face" search radar where Col. Dani changed some of its electronic components which allowed the P-15 search radar to operate at lower wavelenths and thus being able to detect Low RCS/Stealth contacts such as the F-117 at longer distances (I'm not sure but I think these modifications allowed the P-15 radar to detect a F-117 at distances of 30Km).
-> When Col. Dani detected that a F-117 was basically passing above/very near his SAM site position (possible with the help of the modified P-15 radar) his team was able to track the incoming F-117 using the SNR when the F-117 came close at a distance around 15-17Km (the SA-3 SNR is able to detect a F-117 at distances of 15-17Km, maybe a little bit more) and therefore shooting it down.