Thank you for all of your comments.

1, As we are not trained officers, we are more open to try new tricks on the enemy.
(The best idea so far was, to shoot the SR with method K. Its logical, but I doubt ever any real officer used it.)
The only one real life officer, who dared to hack the system during fight, actually shot the Stealth.

2, Jamming in not the magical weapon, but it reduces the capability of the SAM system.
Each jamming type is good against a specific type of weapon.

Noise Jamming is generally the best against most of the systems, and widely used by today most modern jamming pods.
(I would deny that it is ineffective old method.)
It is good against SA2/3/4 but you shouldn't use it against the SA5/6

Deception Jamming can be annoying against the SA2F, but could easily overcome by other systems.

Rang Gate Pull-off Velocity Gate pull-off could trick the SA5.

Cross Eye Jamming is good against monopulse systems SA4/5 Shilka, ineffective against the others.

3, Evolving threats.
I add the situations in the order of toughness.

Shooting the U2 should be no problem.
War of attrition is a fair game.
Hanoi is tough, but can be done.
Libya will introduce the Digital Jamming pods, and the HARM missile. (It will be a nasty shock for everybody.)
Belgrade will introduce every current trick (Digital Jamming Pods, lots of noise jamming, Drones, AN/ALE-50, HARM, F16CJ Weasel in a Can, etc...), but also you will have the IRZ in your side.

As in the next version you can play most of the Linebacker-II, I offer you a challenge.
Select a battery of choice around Hanoi, and play all missions one/by/one, each night one from the same unit.
(it is a program for a week smile

Hpasp
Free SAM Simulator, "Realistic to the Switch"

(U-2 over Sverdlovsk, B-52's over Hanoi, F-4 Phantoms over the Sinai, F-16's and the F-117A Stealth bomber over the Balkans.)
http://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/home

Book from the author - Soviet Nuclear Weapons in Hungary 1961-1991
https://sites.google.com/view/nuclear-weapons-in-hungary/

thumbsup