Indeed, the psychological factor is the key one (been in nasty situation once, where my life was in danger, and will totally agree that when adrenaline flows over the edge, precision operations, such as those behind the SAM console, would be very difficult), as well as our ability to replay any mission as much times as we want. It would be interesting to try all the new missions for the first time, to see, which results we might achieve in these situations, at totally unknown environments. I also bet if the real SAM operators would have such a simulator, with all the bells and whistles, such as jamming, ARMs, "smart", responding, targets, for their practice, they could also achieve more impressive results.

It is noteworthy however, that we didn't had any previous training when we started to play SAM simulator, unlike real-world operators, which were taught how to do that - albeit that training was highly inadequate at many times and was lagging behind the technical progress, especially in case with Vietnam, where Soviet advisors and their Vietnamese "students" had to learn simultaneously in battles to new countermeasures and tactics. That's why I would like to see more and more combat situations in the first place, to diversify the combat environments.

I also disagree with Ricnunes when he says that the "fun factor" should exist. That's what makes Simulator different from Game, a realism. Even if we will be able to shot down one enemy aircraft in conditions where real-world operators downed none, that would certainly be a highly rewarding experience, as in case with SR-71, for example.

Hpasp, thank you for your superb work, for your dedication and your willingness to listen to us and explain all the things to us! Eagerly waiting for new versions!

Last edited by Lonewolf357; 02/11/12 10:55 PM.