Originally Posted By: Lonewolf357
Waiting impatiently!

I'm still quite surprised, though, how few of B-52's were shot down there, compared to our results in SAM Sim. It looks that we're still missing something important... I guess, jamming in reality was more effective, and we're still don't have chaff clouds on our radar screens - they only affect missile's proximity fuzes - they would not allow us to track the targets by burning through their active jamming, since Dvina lacks the SDC mode, unlike Volhov. Maybe, that's the case... Or maybe something else...

Well I for one don't agree with this (at least I don't agree 100%):
-> First, SAM Simulator while extremelly realistic is still like any other realistic simulation a GAME which together with all realism is also suposed to be FUN! Like any game, concessions must be made in order to make simulations FUN and one of those concessions is exactly the fact that the player can ALWAYS kill more enemies than in real life would be possible. Don't forget that there are scenarios in SAM simulator where NO enemy plane was shot down in real life (some "war of attrition" scenarios for example) so if the action in those scenarios happened 100% like it happened in real life than what's the fun and point of playing these simulations?
-> Jamming (ECM) and Chaff aren't and were never "magical" solutions - Planes deploying ECM and Chaffs have been shot down in the past and will be in the future! "Home on Jam" modes and "burn through" are there to limit the effectiveness of ECM and Chaffs! Note that 100% effective countermeasures is a thing that doesn't exist at all! And all radar and systems are capable of "burning through" enemy ECM and this certainly includes the Dvina! The Volhov is more effective in burning through enemy ECM not because of SDC modes but because of it's LORO mode (narrow beam which concentrates more energy on a spot and thus being able to defeat ECM at longer ranges and the Dvina for example). So in the end the "burning through enemy ECM" is only a matter of distance/range which the target is from the radar emmiter - some systems are able to defeat ECM at longer ranges than others but every system is able of "burning through" enemy ECM.