A question about last version. Is there any changes in missile behavior and/or way of calculating the impact point, particulary about UPR and K modes for Dvina/Volkhov?

Nothing.

If there are changes, please, describe them, because It seems to me that missiles do much more UPR than before (say ver 923.0)???

Shouldn't be over 4 degree.
Definitely there is a diference in missile behaviour between 932.1 and 932.3 versions.
13:45 19th of December, 1972.
SR-71 bomb damage assessment flight number one.
Battery 261/57.
Click to reveal..
923.1:

923.3:

Originally Posted By: Hpasp

As I see missile reacts just like that on epsilon and beta, but still can't figure it out is moving the range boresight reflecting on missile, or not.
Basically you should see no effect, except for K method, where the added elevation is depending on target range.

We are talking about exactly for K metod. In examples I've ilustrated, we have no data for speed, only changes of the angular speed, which if we set manually distance at 34 km, could be equal to slow moving target. Anyway, in the previouse version, no matter where the boresight is set (usually it was left on the distance of the first launch against Habu), missiles in K mode are going straight on the azimuth boresight, and slightly higher on epsilon (due to K coponent in guidance). There are two explanations for me:
1. If the distance boresight is left on 70-80 km and it is count, it should calculate that this is supersonic (thus - 4 degree leading, see pic from last version), or:
2. If the distance boresight is set at say 34 km (max. missile range), it could calculate that this is slower target and gave some less leading (see pic from older version).

Quote:
Also, when practicing on Ashuluk in UPR/K:
- against supersonic target the lead hits 4 degrees mark
- against subsonic target - lead is not more than 3 degrees

Correct.
Subsonic target UPR point is closer to the target. It can be less than 4 degree, depending on the P.
Supersonic target UPR point is further to the target. It can be more than 4 degree, but the system allows the missile max 4 degree.

That's mean that speed of the target is a part of the calculation of the lead value, right? So in case the distance is set closer than the distance to the target (p. 2 above), it should result in less lead.

Anyway, I don't understand why it "leads" so much on azimuth, when SR-71 is aproaching almmost with zero parameter, and missile is still climbing...
The examples above are from the same shooting conditions, with distance boresight left on position of first "pusk" (between 75-80 km).

Last edited by piston79; 02/05/12 06:35 PM.