Originally Posted By: Hpasp
I checked the code, and the Vega part still has the 300m sensitivity. (bit too much)
Did you receive KRO signals during missile flight?
If the set range is far from the real target range, the missile engine program might cause the missile to burn.
Also, as the missile decelerate during unpowered glide, the chance to hit anything is reduced.

I think your missiles that not scored, avoided the target by far margin.

Humm, this really seems strange and it kinda reeinforces my convinction that something is perhaps wrong regarding the Vega's radio fuse. Like I previously said I never go a missile detonation above 18 meters since it's strange that with the SA-2 I get detonations up or even more than 100 meters.

Regarding your question, yes I do get the KRO signals when the SA-5 missiles miss their target.

Regarding the target's range, you're mentioning the Left dial on the "-C" button console, right? If yes, I usually place that range near the real target range - there could have been one occasion or two that I may have forgotten this but I think that usually don't forget this.

Anyway, I still think that after firing large dozens (maybe a hundred or so) of SA-5 missile that all of them either hit by a very CLOSE proximity (less than 18 meters, with an average of perhaps 4 to 6 meters) or completly miss (more than 300 meters?), this again I think it's very wierd inded...