Originally Posted By: JWNoctis
Do note that the currently available targets for Vega are either mach 3 SR-71's booming above FL600, or target drones at a firing range. None of them do any specific maneuver against incoming missiles, unlike those F-4s above Hanoi. As far as I can tell from my Falcon 4.0 experience, those maneuvers can make a big difference on miss distance.

Another good reason to wait for those Libya scenarios! biggrin

This still doesn't justify the fact that with the SA-5 you either hit the target at very close ranges (so far the highest detonation range that I experienced was 18 meters) OR you completly miss the target - there's NO "middle term" like a 50 or 100 meter (or even longer) detonation like happens with the other SAM systems (SA-2 and SA-3 for example) and this happens either when firing against a SR-71 or against target drones in the firing range (and both with or without jamming).
I would expect that at least when shooting drones in the firing range that some longer distance detonations (again with values like 50 to 100 meters or even more) would be experienced but I haven't experienced NONE and believe me I've been shooting a lot with the SA-5 latelly (specially in the firing range).