Originally Posted By: FlightJunkie
if im not mistaken jet thunder is an indie game made by enthusiasts. the work required to make an accurate sim with historic accuracy, realistic flight model and avionics is at the least, difficult.

You were 90% accurate, but not quite 100%.

We all recognize that the work required to make an accurate sim with historic accuracy, realistic flight model and avionics is at the least, difficult. I don't think anybody here would argue that.

Jet Thunder WAS an indie game made by enthusiasts. Then Aerosoft came on board. Dante struggled with the choice of getting in with a publisher -- that would giving up some profits on the back end but getting some operating capital to really employ a team full-time, and maybe surrendering a bit of creative/editorial control in the process. But ultimately he did get in with Aerosoft and so he ramped up his team and went to work. Dante shared a little bit of that with me, at the time, but I haven't had any contact with him sinnce then. Obviously, he's had his hands full!

Somewhere along the way, probably, they ran into a snag I am guessing and they had to go back and rework a major section of the code or something that was causing a problem of some sort. That is purely my feeling. But as far as I know, Aerosoft is still on board. Anybody heard otherwise?

Ripcord

USN/USMC -- when it positively, absolutely has to be blown up overnight.