Originally Posted By: Bandy
Originally Posted By: Smokin_Hole
...[RoF] gives the player an ability to see very small planes at over 10 miles regardless of contrast...

I think you are exaggerating now. With the map and map a/c icons turned on, I cannot see the pixel(s) denoting a far aircraft outside 5 km let alone the map grid 'box' which is 10 km. Perhaps monitor resolution has something to do with this (I have 1920 x 1200) but 10 miles??? 10 miles is about 16 km, and I challenge you to prove that you can see a distant a/c outside the 10 km box that is on the in-game map.

Originally Posted By: Skiddmark
...I don't have TrackIR. ...
Far be it for me to judge, and I can understand if you are on a tight budget, but if this is some ideological thing do yourself a favor and get TrackIR, or try the free FaceNoTrackIR. I can guarantee you will not regret it; it will supercharge your enjoyment level. I rank TIR second only to a joystick as a necessity for combat flight sims. Others will agree.

No, not an ideological thing and I am somewhat financially challenged. I have just been looking around as to what track IR is. I have tiny security cameras that have IR and see in the dark. I wonder if I can use one for track IR. Thing is, how to connect it to a computer but I haven't researched that yet.
You also need 3 points of reference (IR leds?) for the camera to see for the tracking program?

Computer = PHENOMX3
MOBO: ASUS M4A78 Plus
OS = Microsoft Windows XP SP3 Home Edition (5.1,build 2600)
Processor = AMD 8750 triple core 2.4GHz
RAM = 3328 MB
DX 9.0c
Nvidia GeForce GS 250, 512MB
Realtek HD audio
Disk Drives:
Floppy's: D: HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H21L, E: ASUS CD-S480/A5
HD's: C:ST3250310AS 250Gb
F: Maxtor 6L250S0 250Gb
H: SM_USB20 flash drive 4Gb
Monitor: Proscan 32" LCD TV in VGA mode.