Originally Posted By: Hpasp

To be as realistic as possible, I do quite a deep historical research before adding any new scenarios.
I used to have maps with (timed) flight routes (preferably from both side), location of SAM units (to have realistic ground clutter), missile inventory, etc...

I still have in my bag several other days of already included Scenarios.
Vietnam (SA-2) Linebacker-II
Egypt (SA-2/3/6/Shilka) Wart of Attrition
Cuba (SA-2) Missile Crisis (U-2)

Also have in my bag lots of new Real Scenarios with more advanced adversary.
Libya (SA-2/3/5/6/Shilka) Operation Prairie Fire & El-Dorado Canyon (HARM, F111)
Serbia (SA-3/6) Operation Allied Force & Operation Deny Flight (Stealth, Weasels, HARM, etc...)
Syria (SA-2/3/5/6/Shilka) Operation Peace for Galilee (Weasels)
Saudi Arabia (Patriot) Operation Desert Storm & Operation Iraqi Freedom (SCUD, Iraqi Cruise Missiles)

So in the far future (time permitting), I would rather create these...
thumbsup

Humm, I see.
But wouldn't for example "Syria - Operation Peace for Galilee" or the "Libyan operations (Operation Prairie Fire & El-Dorado Canyon)" if done as realistic as possible be just too hard and therefore un-interesting for the SAM simulator players since in real life NO opposing enemy aircraft was shot down in those operations in real life (with the exception of operation El-Dorado Canyon where only one F-111 was shot down) - So couldn't it be that if those scenarios are made for SAM simulator that NO player would be able to shot down any enemy aircraft (or hardly any aircraft)? If yes, which is what I believe than these scenarios wouldn't IMO be very "thrilling" for the player.

IMO, the best realistic scenarios that (again IMO) could or should be modeled in SAM simulator due to being either "thrilling" and "challenging" are:
- Yom Kippur (1973) -> SA-2, SA-3 and SA-6 SAMs were present and several Israeli aircraft were shot down (more than 100 aircraft were shot down) and most of them were shot down by SAMs (and AAA). This scenario would also have the advantage of not only allowing the modeling of Egyptian SAMs (like happens in "War of Attrition") but also Syrian ones.
- Desert Storm (1991) played by the Iraqi perspective/side -> SA-2, SA-3, SA-6 SAMs and Shilka were present and a considerable number of coalition aircraft were shot down (around 50 aircraft were shot down) being the vast majority shot down by SAMs (and AAA). This scenario at the same time would be very challenging due to the heavy presence of enemy/coalition ECMs and HARM missiles.

Well, these are my "2 cents"...