I still thinking about high level modeling of the radio proxy fuse behavior, depending on target distance and radar cross section, utilizing firing range data.

That will be very dificult task, but you have one advantage, you are modeling both the targets and the missiles path... You've already show us missile oscilations (H1/H2) gadgets work! You have data for the probabilty against distance, you know angle of approaching between target and missile, attack angle of missile could be known (between his nose-to-mottor line of the missile and vector of her flight path), you have details about the war head, you have a lot of results from real "PUSK"-s in different conditions ( at least for S-75) and very important - you know real PVO officers!.... I think you could start with "Dvina" or "Volkhov" missiles. The joice is obviouse, because:
1. A lot of information.
2. Relativelly simple (at least Dvina).

I think you can tune the SIM and make a special, let's say "developer's" version, where you can use mission editor with AAR, where it would summarizes for you parameters in the point of impact, so you can check works of your models... (Now I am really angry I have no skills in moddeling... ). But let's say it - even now you gave the world the most "realistic to the switch" SAM sim! wink

PS. About the video of the univercity - did you thought to contact with any similar institution for information/modeling support?