After a long hiatus from flight sims wherein I got heavily involved in writing Star Wars fan fiction (hush up you—we're all geeks here!), I browsed the STEAM store to find that, lo, what had formerly been titled "Storm of War" had in fact been released!

Oh, rapturous day, caloo calay!

But wait! Bugs and spiders and beetles, oh my! Seems UbiPoo jumped the gun and the sim's just crawling with gremlines!

Deep calming breath...deep calming breath...1C has excellent support...and it has been over half a year since release.

So yeah, I go on YouTube and look for a few vids to check the status of what is quite the gargantuan haul of eye candy to make King Midas envious, and learn that hey, things aren't quite so bad as first appeared!

And there was much rejoicing.

So yes, here I am, wondering just how well this beauty of a sim will run on my rig, and just what I'll have to do to tweak it should I choose to make the plunge. It's been a while so I don't know if everyone knows my specs—or if they're in my sig or whatever—so here goes. I upgraded my GFX card this spring as well.

Intel Core i7 920 OC'd to 3GHz
BioStar TPowerX58 motherboard
6 GB OCD Gold PC2700 DDR3
EV3A GeForce GTX 570 w/latest drivers (OC'd to 2000/2000 clock)
500GB SATA 16bit (yeah, really out of date, but hard drive replacement scares me)
Silverstone 1Kw PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Standard DVD+/-RW drive
32" 720p monitor @ 1360x768 resolution

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Goodwood; 11/03/11 04:22 AM.

LukeFF: Oleg got rid of his moustache! eek

akdavis: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!