Originally Posted By: Hpasp
I am thinking about the fuse, it is possible missile to approach the target in a way when the fuse won't receive signal which is strong enough to activate it, even when the target is in high probability kill zone (say < 100 m.). There is 2 fuse antenas and 2 detonators, which are optimized to work best in head-on shooting, but if the target didn't cross the main diagram of the fuse antenas, the fuse won't be activate, right? That's my point... Of course the succes depends from many aspects (guiding, killing zone of the warhead, aproach way and so on...) , but I was wondering did you implement so much complicated information, or just put some statistical data from real shooting tests?

The fuse is more powerful, than you think of.
yep
The only public case when a Russian radio proximity fuse met a low radar cross target was during 1999 with a known result...

Yes, sure... As I remember, the first "Neva" missile flown so close to F-117 that the plane was shaked from the airwaves, and second one kills him. So you didn't answer me. If the fuse was so perfect, missiles should pop-up always on 300 meters from the target.... But I know that every one of my fellow FCO's on "SAM SIM" bateries achieved 0 meters miss distance.... How that is possible - why the fuse did't pop-up the warhead earlier? (maybe K3 command is the answer).