.. :-( there was a cheap LG Gold Version on amazon but i bought FPK before in very good conditions :-) and then i bought LB1 on ebay for 1 € ! great deal - and it was in best condition!it is the german version - it is ok i am a german but i am accustomed to play games in english (the ooold great Sierra Adventures were all in english :-D )
Yes, the god old times.. nightfilling flying with F-15 III - and YES this experinece with LB2 in 3DFX was great and have i too -
i remember my first contact with 3DFX it was Quake2 i upgraded my computer with a 4MB Voodoo 1 to play this game :-)what lightning effects!

..sorry i am talking to much and it has nothing to do with the original post..

as you said, i play LB1 on dosbox, too and it works - on this weekend i try to play LB2 with XP.
The instructions are printed out :-)

Hope it will work otherwise i have to fulfill my project to built an extra Win98 PIII game-machine with voodoo3 ;-)

BTW i am very proud to have the LB series and my beloved 688i - unfortunalety as a jewelcase version without printed manual, great box and so on :-(
i am looking for the other Jane's CombatSims for collecting and playing - i love to read this great manuals - for years i bought some games only for owning the manuals..i am so crazy for SIM-manuals screwy