Originally Posted By: NaiseFail
Originally Posted By: vintorez
Present screen switch model (Z-X-C, A-S- etc.) is good: 1) it emulates real placement of the panels, and 2) I got used to that smile

Agreed. The other idea presented is somewhat flawed in that it's overly complex. Using either the arrow keys or the mouse to move around means you need to memorize all of the directions you can move from each panel. I'm on the SA-5 Tall King screen and I want to go to the IADS screen, so that would mean pressing right and up twice instead of simply pressing E. Also, this would use the arrow keys which means they can't be used to adjust the radar.

Dear all!
for Vintorez:
you are right, for Qwerty Keyboard, but not if you use others keyboard mapping, maybe Azerty one !(try to use it..)

for NaiseFail:
I don't know if you have already see on the ground the real disposition of the panels,
if you work alone in one of this fire Cabin, you will see that you must pass along all panels to reach the ones you want!
you can't bypass panels in middle to jump directly to the ones you want, you must have in your mind the complete "Image"
of all panels and there dispositions in firing cabin, to be able to use it and to go to desired panel !, in reality you waste some times to reach panels.
and simply pressing ... a key, is not the real world! (it's my personal think!)

Last edited by Kairo; 08/06/11 02:16 AM.

Sgt/C. Kairo