Hpasp, three rather detailed issues on Neva:

1) what is the difference between SDC 1 and SDC 2 (I can see some at the screen...) - in which situations use modes 1 and 2? (just don't explain again an idea of moving target indicator - we should already know it).

2) can in real life a missile be launched when target is in RS only? In the sim, at least ASAP in angles is required, and in range you can hold on RS.
If you are going to implement moving the antennas by keyboard, a manual tracking (AS mode, now non-existent) can be implemented as well (e.g. when the switch AS-ASAP on the right is 'up' ('AS'), then missile can be launched even if the antenna is being steered manually in all aspects. I don't know if scoring a hit under such conditions won't require an octopus at the keyboard, but seems worth trying. smile

3) how is the K3 implemented?
One time you wrote that: “The rightmost "K3" is the same as the Volhov, detonate on radio command.”
It seems to me that the idea is a bit different than in Volkhov. In Neva, when the missile crosses the range line, it does not detonate. I suspect that crossing the range mark just arms the radio fuse (by K3 command sent by radar). If yes, what is practical difference between RVSB/RV and K3? What are recommendations to use it in real life?
(if at RV-something the fuse is armed 60 m ahead of the target, and at K3 – just AT the range of the target, which would mean that the missile has bigger chance to pass the target without detonating… - I’m a bit confused)
BTW, it seems that an equivalent of Volkhov’s Rab-ot-VM (fuse arming by time delay) works automatically when the TT guidance method is selected (makes sense, if assumed that TT is to be used mainly for engaging jamming targets).

Do MK_PL: Dobrze widziec kolege z Polski na tym maniackim forum! (kto wie, czy jako jedyni nie reprezentujemy kraju uzywajacego jeszcze cokolwiek ze sprzetu, o którym sobie gadamy...)

Last edited by vintorez; 07/20/11 09:05 AM.