After Fearless_Frog and Heinkill left this forum, I'm now following them. They were among those I found the most fun in this forum and with them and others gone, I don't see any point in staying here either.

For quite a while the trolling in here has become intolerable. It has become impossible to actually talk about the sim. I have talked to the mods, who also think it is a big problem, but they don't want to do anything about it. I can see that it can be difficult to do something effective about the issue, but why they have been happy to have trolls and haters constantly coming in here with totally off-topic spam is beyond me.

Anyway, SimHQ is no longer a place in which it is possible to come and talk about CoD. I'm heading off over to the 1C forums, where there is a lively and interesting scene around the sim. I'm learning something new every time I go over there and I really like it. Here at SimHQ, the forum is dominated by the trolls and haters, who even come to brag about how often they have been banned at the 1C forum, when they don't continuously insist on badmouthing the developers in the most disgusting personal attacks.

However, I don't really accuse the moderators of anything. They are unpaid fans just like everybody else. It is just that the ratio of useful exchanges to absolute spam has tilted very heavily to the negative side. It is just a waste of time to come here.

I'll keep making movies, but I will not post them here. This forum is not one I want to be connected to. I respectfully ask that members here do not re-post a link to my future movies in this forum. Those who want to see them can find them elsewhere or directly on my youtube page (see signature).

I'm a bit sad that it will be seen as a "win" by the haters that their constant spamming has managed to chase everybody else out of here. But, hey, that is the way it is: those few people definitely made this place insufferable for everyone. The site staff didn't want to do anything about it, because they wanted "balance". Well, the end result is anything but balance, because a lot of good people decided to leave. I'm not one of them, but I'm following them, because this place is no longer worth it and I value my time too much to waste it here.

Thanks to all who tried to make this a nice place to come and who posted interesting content,

Cheers,
Freycinet.

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com