Well I've just upgraded from a dual core computer to a six core, mainly for RoF and FSX more than this game it has to be said.

Ran CoD out of interest with everything set on High except trees on medium and god was it a stutter fest. Tried my usual testing mission which is the Blenheim takeoff mission but using a Hurricane instead of the Blenheim - it took at least 1 minute for all the textures etc to load smoothly enough to look around the cockpit. Once everything settled down I took off and regular slight stuttering remained until I was a medium height.

I don't know what they have done to the panning either but the cockpit fixed views are right rubbish - the smooth panning they had before this patch was far better.

I then tried the London sightseeing tour for a laugh - game wouldn't load properly for ages, plane nearly crashed whilst all the textures etc were loading (probably took a good minute again to load), extremely long stutters all the time until it sort of settled down after about a minute when I could actually fly around a bit but stutters still remained.

I can fly RoF very smoothly on High settings and FSX over Seattle with everything set very high perfectly smoothly. When I look at how much FSX has to model in the Seattle area and then I look at CoD theres really no comparison. CoD is a good dogfighting game when it is smooth but the developers must get rid of all these slow loading textures etc - its just killing the gameplay.

Last edited by nats; 07/14/11 09:28 PM.

"It's life, Jim, but not as we know it!"

AMD Phenom II X6 (6x2.8Ghz Six Core) 12GB DDR3 RAM Nvidea Ti550 1Gb Graphics Card MS Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2 Joystick Windows 10 64bit

Games that I am playing:
Elite: Dangerous
Making History: The Great War
Strike Fighters II: Europe
Hearts of Iron 3
Fallout 4
Waterloo