So, I have been a huge fan of RB3D since it came out. I recently started playing it again on my Windows 7 machine...and I so far have been living with the fact that it wasn't designed for this OS. I need to play with it a bit and make it run better...but for now I am living with it.

What I love about the game is the campaign mode. But, it always seems like I can never reach the higher promotions or get some medals. For example, I seem to never be able to get the House Order of Hohenzollern when playing with the Germans. No matter what rank I begin the campaign with...I tend to get the two Iron Cross medals and then sometimes get the Blue Max (not always) and then once I reach 80 kills I get the Red Eagle Order and a while later the Blue Max with Oak Leaf. I think I have gotten the House Order of Hohenzollern once or twice in a decade of play. That medal is incredible elusive for me and the Blue Max w/o oak leaf is also hard to come by. Are there certain triggers for the medals or how does it work? I also have had problems with some allied decorations but not as much.

Also, I never seem to earn many promotions. I like to start out as early as possible for a given nation at the lowest rank and try and work my way up. Typically, I will get promoted about 2 months in and often never again.

I assume it is based partially on points. I do like to play with easier settings because I like to shoot down a bunch of planes. I know it's not authentic...but I enjoy it. For instance...I am currently playing with the British and I stated as a 2LT on 3/1/1916. I am currently a 1LT around 9/1/1916 and I have like 115 kills. I know it's not realistic...but it's fun.

I guess what I am wondering is...are there any tricks to winning some of the more elusive awards or am I just crazy and nobody else is having this problem? Better yet...is it possible to edit the requirements for medals and promotions?