Krupi said:

Quote:
You have kind of missed the point, you have not put any money down on this game, you have played it around a mates house fair enough.. So you have played the game. So even though all you have done is play a game you have not purchased yet you continually bash the game as of you have invested heavily in it,

Eh? Now you can't criticise it unless you have invested heavily in it? First you have to own it, then you have to invest heavily in it? smile.

besides, I'm not bashing it as if I have invested heavily in it, just reporting things as I see them. What are you going to do...produce a speardsheet of how much everyone has put into the game, then allow some to have an opinion, and some not? smile

You appear to keep upping the ante, anything to try and exclude criticism. This seems a bit silly to me.

So you can rack up a lot of time and hours, helping friends to configure their machiness optimally (and I dont just mean removing out background apps and cleaning the Registry and playing with various drivers) and this doesn't count as investment of time and energy? Oh, and petrol to get there (I can't fly smile )

Come on, stop moving the goalposts smile

Quote:
I am merely questioning why you do this you must have better things to do than rant on forum about a game that you don't even own. Its akin to ranting about a demo that you didnt like, if you don't like it dont buy it.

No ranting here.

Quote:

However I am sure you wish the game to succeed so wouldn't it be beneficial to either post info about the bugs or just observe the game as it matures rather than continually bashing it on every post, really I thought it was simple to understand either post constructive criticism or just don't post at all. Basic logic that some here refuse to abide by.

What you appear to mean is that no criticism is allowed, first by dint of ownership, then 'heavy investment' whatever that means, then unless such criticism abides by *your* logic.

Also, I'd question whether the game is maturing. Time is passing, yes...

Ever narrowing hoops for people to jump through...it may not be, but still appears to me like attempts to stifle criticism. Which in turn just breeds discontent. Now, where have we seen that before? smile

I can have an opinion, and I can repeat aspects of it as tiem goes by, depending on how the game evolves - maybe that's what some here dont seem to like? As has been said, SimHQ is privately owned and it's up to them whether they want to allow me to keep posting (and also, those who go after my posts). I'd assume if they only want mostly positive and/or 'constructive' posts then I would be banned, and others with similar views. Maybe that will happens, who knows?

The thing is...I'm making an effort here not to provoke and rise to some fairly obvious bait. And some familiar faces most definitely aren't. We'll see what happens.

Ben