Originally Posted By: Plainsman
Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog
Originally Posted By: Plainsman
14 people online? And some bought this thing for the MP? LMAO! EPIC FAIL!

Without outstanding SP, the thing is a coaster.

Still about 12 more than Ghost Recon Classic Edition isn't it Plainsman? smile

LMAO EPIC FAIL!??!!

Nice! You compare a game that was just JUST RELEASED to one that was released 12 years ago? LMAO!!! Pathetic effort, Fearless. Absolutely pathetic. Thousands were playing GR Classic when it had only been out a few months. LMAO!!! Brand new, shiny new, as another poster put it, and it can't draw a crowd. EPIC FAIL!

You are correct, sir. It is CLOD not COD. Clod as in Clumsy piece of coaster-ware. Cliffs of Dover has crashed and burned. The so-called greatest multi-player sim of all time has no one online. Why some refuse to move on from the first of the five stages of grief -aka "denial"- is almost heartbreaking. I do have some empathy, you know. sigh

I went throught the classic stages myself.

1. Denial. This can't be it. I am going to be positive and keep seeing only the good points. This didn't last long.
2. Shock. Nope, this is actually what we waited all these years for.
3. Anger. I have been duped and swindled, the devs are taking the piss. I am going to post on the forums about my outrage... repeatedly smile
4. Bargaining. If I submit a load of bugs and be consteructive maybe the devs will listen.

I have now reached the final stage.

5. Acceptance/Hope. It is clear that it will take CoD a long time to reach acceptable status for me. Uninstall it and wait for an undefined length of time, keep an eye on the forums and watch how thing progress. Having said that I have also accepted that in its current state it will take a massive amount of work to finish and is quite likely to fail but I haven't given up hope.

Other people enjoy CoD for what it is and they also accept it is in an unfinished state, they still enjoy it despite all it serious flaws. Though I do often think how can they accept what IMHO is such poor work. To be honest I do respect their devotion and faith, fair play to them.