Originally Posted By: Plainsman
Originally Posted By: Dart
Quote:
In my opinion, SimHQ had two choices: review COD and score it about a 40/100 (which they would have because they are honest) or not review it until it's ready. It means I can always trust their reviews as honest.

Plainsman, once more for the record.

WE ARE REVIEWING THE NORTH AMERICAN RELEASE, NOT "WAITING FOR A PATCH."

We did the same for Black Shark, Rise of Flight, and several other games and sims that had staggered global releases.

It's pretty rare that a "foreign" copy is purchased for a review.

We don't give scores in SimHQ reviews for a very good reason - they don't really reflect anything but an arbitrary score.

The best scale is PC Gamer's, but even then you have to remember what it means. RoF based on my recommendations would have gotten a 75% on the PC Gamer scale - great for those who are into the genre, not so much for those outside of it. As it was, it got three "scores:" 25% for non-flight simmers, 65% for flight sim types, and 85% for WWI flight sim geeks.

Very well, then. I stand corrected. Thank you for straightening me out on SimHQ's standard operating procedure. I was not aware of it. Still, the great Andy Mahood didn't wait for a N.A. release. He reviewed the same release being played by hundreds of fanboys on this site. He trashed COD, and Andy doesn't do that lightly. If Andy Mahood says it is worth 45%, that means COD is basically a mess, a coaster, and the fanboys are simply in denial. Isn't denial one of the five stages of grieving?

When it comes to RATING/SCORING sims, Andy Mahood is a god. He knows sims. Fanboys may be able to dismiss Gamespot's review, but you acn't duck Andy Mahood's bona fides. He's never wrong about sims.

I wonder what SimHQ will do should the North American version be cancelled?

You are Andy Mahood and I claim my £5!?

smile