Originally Posted By: Bokononist
Originally Posted By: soaringbird
Whatever critics say and score in their reviews it's just a persons opinion. Look at movie critics and how different their opinions might be. When one critic writes about "garish" colors I know he doesn't use a color calibrator and see everything oversaturated because I do and do know what a huge difference it might be over actual colors. When other critic tells the game is boring and have nothing to do beyond flying it may be a point for kids but not for me because the flying is only what I want. Wonder what he would tell about FSX - so boring probably.
What I would find interesting to read in a review is not all those silly scores but rather a kind of interview with a WWII fighter pilot or an aircraft engineer. A kind of independent opinion, not a marketing rubbish for hire some game companies publish for their products.

ps. And yes, I really can't play the old il2 and WoP due to their cockpits look so ugly now.

Interesting point about the WWII veterans, I remember an excellent post on this forum a couple of weeks ago, one of the forum members actually put his 92 yr old Grandfather on CloD, who actually was a WWII Spit pilot. His verdict on taking off, (the OP set the fuel mix etc on his Grandfathers instruction) engaging a 109 in a knife fight, and after running out of ammo, honours even he returned to base, navigating back by memory. On landing the OP asked him what he thought, and he replied that it was exactly as he remembered, when asked about the colours he said 'as long as the other plane has a black cross on the side then I've got something to shoot at' or something very similar.
Interesting opinion from someone who was actually there......
I'll add a link to the OP when I have a bit more time.

Geez, he was 92! How much can he possibly remember? You're going by a 92 year old's ability to recall exactly an experience he had 70 years ago? LOL

Acer: XB 280HK 28" 3840 X 2160, 1ms, w/Nvidia GSync
Corsair: White Graphite 760T Full Tower
Corsair: 16GB Vengeance LPX 2800MHz RAM
Corsair: SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speaker System
INTEL: Six-Core, i7 5820K CPU @4.2Hz
ASUS RTX OC 2080
Logitech 920 Wheel and Pedal System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek Pro Flight Control System with Wheel Stand Pro
Saitek X55 HOTAS
XBOX One S
Track IR5