Originally Posted By: 2005AD
Originally Posted By: Juergen
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe

Not saying RoF (differant issues but still issues) was in a worse state but saying it was better at release is stretching it so far its getting painful.

I don´t have a clue, what your priorities are, if you take off with a new flight sim. Mine are:

1: it is running at playable FPS - no immersion killing stutterings etc.

2: Flightmodel is good, better very good, so you get the real feeling of being airborn.

Everything else could come later. I would fly around with my ME109, enjoy traffic patterns, low altitude flying and aerobatics.
Exactly this was possible with RoF, with all 4 included planes. It got me hooked, so i waited patiently for everything else developing.

And CoD ? Take Offs and Landings are a bad joke - no ground modelling at all. And how many can fly without stutters in the meantime ?
I still hope though, CoD will one day in the state RoF was at release !

I keep hearing how RoF was a bad as CoD on release, funny how it is always from the apologists like Ghost_Swe. They seem to neglect that most of us bought RoF on release and didn't have any serious issues running the game. I have always said that RoF had great fundamentals right from the first moment I installed it. CoD feels good once you are in the air but before you get there you have to endure probably the worst ground handling that any sim has ever had, well apart from IL2. You than have to endure the same ground handling on landing.

Considering that take-off and landing are a large part of flying that leaves CoD seriously lacking as anything other than a skirmish simulator.

No need to get personal and stomp your feet just because i disagree with u, get over it instead.

As for ground handling (wonder whats next, underwater physics modeling maby? Water does play a large part in BoB, no?) i can live with what ever as long as take off speeds etc is fairly accurate.(to be honest i could live with them not beeing accurate to)

Btw, this: "Considering that take-off and landing are a large part of flying that leaves CoD seriously lacking as anything other than a skirmish simulator"...are u serious? What has one to do with the other? Yes, i know, one has to take of and land, but really?

Never mind, my its me, maby i missed all those countless books on the all important topic of "ground handling of WWII era fighters during BoB and its impact on air warfare" and "Ground handling - why Luftwaffe lost the war"

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 06/16/11 04:16 PM.