Originally Posted By: 2005AD
Originally Posted By: Bokononist
Originally Posted By: 2005AD
No, I wouldn't and to be honest you would be hard pressed finding someone who thinks the T-6 Texan was closer to a WWI aircraft in design than it is to a Spitfire, Me109 or Hurricane. Even despite this fact, a taildragger is a taildragger is a taildragger and they ALL have a tendancy to ground loop due to the reason I pointed out about centre of gravity being behind the main wheels. As Scotty was fond of pointing out in Star Trek, "Ya cannae change the laws of physics", unless you are in CoD then anything goes I suppose.

It was the 'physics' aspect of the design to which I was referring. The wheels on the biplane in that video are in front of the wing, much further forward than the 3 planes I refered to in my post, the Spitfire, Me109 and Hurricane, which have the main wheels directly under the wings. Therefore the distance between the 'pivot point'(the wheels) and the centre of gravity is shorter, making the tendency of the aircraft in question to groundloop less. Your other points I do not dispute Mariocart though! Come on its not that bad.....

The salient point being made is that CoD does not model ground loops at all, not that one type of aircraft would groundloop easier than another. Regarding the Mario kart anology, it was used to dispute your point that the ground handling physics in CoD are only "a little oversimplified. They are not only "a little oversimplified", they are practically non-existant.
Agreed. When I start snaking around airfields after tomorrow I'll know who to blame. ahoy

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 2500K@4.5Ghz | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy