Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog
Originally Posted By: Bokononist
Originally Posted By: FearlessFrog

I'm beginning to suspect that different people like different things.

You have the wisdom of Solomon as always Fearless, btw I have been meaning to ask for a while- How does CLOD run on your machine? I ask because you seem to have one of the lowest specced sigs around these parts...... pilot

Not too bad, although I've been on the road so much that the only real combat I've seen has been on this forum. Got about 4 kills so far, and a couple of unconfirmed. smile

My Q6600 is overclocked to 4 GHz (a water cooler thing, one of those self-contained units rather than the aquarium stuff) so it still represents a fair bit of CPU umph. The ATI 4890 was always a bit of a beast DX10-wise, so it can throw around the frames about 40 fps over water and 25-30 over land. Ironically COD seems to be aimed at previous gen GPU's like this, and probably doesn't take full advantage of the better cards out there just yet.

I haven't really gone back to London though (it's kind of like Ravenholm for CoD - 'We don't go to London' smile ) since the various patches so feel a bit behind the times to comment on performance.

I was really refering to your 'ZX81 sig' not your actual rig. I was in no doubt that you had a nicely set up machine. My first machine was a 48k spectrum, back in the day when poor graphics, multiple bugs, and a good amount of suspension of disbelief were the order of the day for any game/gamer, yet as amazingly high our expectations of games/sims are nowadays some of my fondest gaming memories(and those of my friends of a similar age) were on a little rubber keyboard that you plugged into the telly. Sigh.........

"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 2500K@4.5Ghz | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy