Quote:
In my opinion, SimHQ had two choices: review COD and score it about a 40/100 (which they would have because they are honest) or not review it until it's ready. It means I can always trust their reviews as honest.

Plainsman, once more for the record.

WE ARE REVIEWING THE NORTH AMERICAN RELEASE, NOT "WAITING FOR A PATCH."

We did the same for Black Shark, Rise of Flight, and several other games and sims that had staggered global releases.

It's pretty rare that a "foreign" copy is purchased for a review.

We don't give scores in SimHQ reviews for a very good reason - they don't really reflect anything but an arbitrary score.

The best scale is PC Gamer's, but even then you have to remember what it means. RoF based on my recommendations would have gotten a 75% on the PC Gamer scale - great for those who are into the genre, not so much for those outside of it. As it was, it got three "scores:" 25% for non-flight simmers, 65% for flight sim types, and 85% for WWI flight sim geeks.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."