Originally Posted By: swampthng
Originally Posted By: Tiger27

I love ROF but people are much easier on it these days than they are on CoD, a couple of the ROF FM's are way off, take the SE5a in which diving kills the engine and the content in the first twelve months was minimal, if CoD makes similar improvements to ROF over the next year or two, it will be an awesome sim, maybe they can hire the ROF campiagn maker to do some work for CoD.

I don't think that's accurate really. Just looking at review scores paints a picture.

Cliffs of dover:
PC Gamer: 45
LEVEL czech: 60
Gamestar:63
Gamespot: 40

Metacritic average:
Critic:61 User: 5.1

RIse of flight:
PC Gamer: 82
Level czech: 70
Gamestar: 77
Gamespot: No review

Metacritic average:
Critic:76 User: 6.9

Whatever issues rise of flight had at launch, judging by both critic and user reviews, they weren't as great as CLOD. Were people pissed at ROF? Yup. Nowhere near as much as with CLOD though which was a major disapointment to alot of people. People are easier on ROF now because it earned it's place as a classic flight sim. Can CLOD do that? Maybe. Will it get the chance? I doubt it.

The expectations for CoD are far different I think, nobody expected RoF to keep going at the beginning, so credit to them for getting there in the end. IL2 came before COD, so it was always going to be measured with high expectations.

Also, your stats you've used on the reviews really are awful. The first check I make of when the PC Gamer review was shows it far after the release. RoF was out in May 2009 originally, so you show a PC Gamer review from January 2010? How does that work again?

Will you look for review scores in PC Gamer in January 2012, eight months after CoD releases in the US to make it a fair comparison? Yeah, I thought not. smile

Will it get the chance? I doubt it. - I can see that..