To be honest I don't understand all that disappointment from the game and why people still consider it broken or unfinished after the patches. Any game has bugs. FSX was a bugs feast when it came and hardly ran on any pc. I remember a huge ugly green/violet stripes on the water in fsx at some point.
When I see all that amazing real time lighting, cockpits and unbelievable amount of ground details I don't expect the game would be a fps champion. I have some stutters over London with my not so new system and... it doesn't bother me at all. I just keep away from London. Perhaps they will squeeze a few more fps from the engine yet but doubt it makes a great difference.
What would really disappoint me if they would focus on bugs only and stop the content production. Because only I need right now is more content with the same or better quality. I would like to see Mustangs, modern stunt plane they promised, Pacific islands, carrier takeoff and landings, Russian winter battle-scape, playable big gliders and so on and on. Hope their production/art people do all those things currently to start milking my money smile