Originally Posted By: soaringbird
I don't say RoF looks bad. Perhaps it's just a mater of a personal taste but I like CloD more. RoF looks a bit like an artist painted watercolor illustration from what I have tried recently. It looks nice with higher altitude but when you go lower it turns to something quite dated while CloD looks just amazing there.

I think RoF vs CloD visually is like Battlefield vs first Crysis. Both looks great but Battlefield resemble a great artist illustration while Crysis (first) looks sometimes just amazingly real. I think it's an amount of details and proper lighting that makes the difference.

Sunsets are where CloD shine and looks so great and superior, mostly because of a true dynamic lighting with all those long shadows and trees/grass backligting with the sun, with a nice patches of fog beneath the trees. I have never saw those effects done so real in games.

FSX with some addons looks also great till you go closer to a ground. It always lacks in texture resolution and has too many things looking fake : fake trees, fake clouds, fake sun, fake water surface. Maybe next one will be closer.

You my friend need to go and take another look at RoF since the recent patch.

Rabbits, break right and climb.