Originally Posted By: 2005AD
Honestly, I very much doubt that Cliffs of Dover would have made the top 100 even if it was the best sim ever made. In its current state it has few good points as a sim and none as a game. If we look at Rise of Flight it had a troubled start but after two years it has almost reached classic status (only the poor AI are holding it back IMHO). It was expensive at over $200 for the base game and every addon released but after two years it is finally worth it.

Cliffs of Dover was and still is in a worse state than RoF was on release. Right now I can't even be bothered to load it up but I will certainly support it financially by purchasing any addons when (if) released. Hopefully in two years it will have pulled of a Rise of Flight type pheonix from the flames, but right now we should not kid ourselves that it is somehow deserving of any right to belong in any gaming top 100.

After the Euro release it was placed about 70th for about two weeks. Currently Wings of Prey is at 78th which is impressive, i.e. it would be a fair statement to make that WoP is a more popular game today that CoD, especially as CoD is a pure steamworks game and not all WoP players are even registered via Steam. smile

There is a tiny chance 1C have disabled stats, perhaps to do with temporarily disabling the Valve Anti Cheat (VAC) stuff (since people are using mods online and I don't think 1C want to ban anyone yet accidently). Personally I think the number of people playing is down, so it's dropped out the top 100. 1C and Steam have the stats outside the 100, but there is no way to publicly see them.

PS It would be fairer to look earlier GMT I suppose, as the chart updates per hour and CoD isn't on sale in the US.

Last edited by FearlessFrog; 06/12/11 01:32 AM. Reason: We live on a sphere