Originally Posted By: Hpasp
Instead of announcement, here are my thoughts and questions...

I'm toying with the idea of adding the S-300PS/PMU (SA-10B) to the SAM simulator, but...

1, Hungary only planned to field this system, it never realized it.
The Cold War ended before the procurement, witch means that in Hungary nobody ever operated/fired this system, and nobody could test the simulator, or help in its development.

2, There are surprisingly big amount of detailed information on the WEB about it...
- VKO article about live firing with missile track drawings: http://www.vko.ru/DesktopModules/Article...version=Staging
- Youtube videos about its operation
... but they are not technical enough.

So I could do an SA-10B sim, but it would not as deep and realistic as usual, and certainly would not be "Realistic to the Switch".

Currently Russia is removing these systems from live service, replacing those with the second/third generation (S-300PM SA-20A, S-400 SA-21).

So it might be better to wait few years, until more technical info will surface about its operation (meantime do "Realistic to the Switch" Shilka and Dvina), or should I do a not so realistic sim?

What is Your opinion?

First off, I would love to see the SA-10 in SAM Sim, it's been my favorite system for many years. However, I doubt you'd be able to create a realistic enough representation of the system to meet your standards. Sadly I agree with others; wait until you can get enough detailed information to make this system as realistic as the others.

As for the Shilka vs Dvina, I vote for the Shilka. The Dvina would be great to have as it's the realistic system for many of our current scenarios. However, the Shilka is a more attractive system to me simply because it's something new. I'd rather have a brand new toy that I know nothing about than a downgraded toy I've been playing with for a long time.

Finally, awesome work on the interface! I've always loved how photo-realistic they look.