Hi Kimchoc1 and uksleek and Kassie.

Believe it ro not, i actually did read quite a bit of this forum before i posted. But no matter how much I read I really could not get a clear cut answer on these most basic questions. I see that the source code is out and poeple are modding like crazy and even screwing with the connectivity code.

I see that LAN games are going on, and while some find it excellent, others find it frustrating (especailly at the point of connection). But I can't tell what the dominant expereince is. Are the frustrated guys just guys who dont know how to pert forward or is there something more insidious?

I find that by simply posting a simple set of questions, you often get through the trees for the forest much faster. and in a way that is more useful to the new guy (thats me in this case) who is considering getting on board...

Kassie is really the only one who seemed to read my post literally and answer what i asked. No slight to others, ofcourse, and I apprecaite all teh info i can get foirsthand. But he took the questions as intended...

For example, he enlightened me into the shared target lists. very nice.

He let me know that he stumbled at port forwarding, and had to drop his firewall entirely to get it to work. I'm pretty good at port forwarding, but his post implied that port forwarding was not enough (or he does not know how to do it compeltely...) If I had to drop my firewall entirely, i would not do it. but ofcourse, i doubt this is the case...

Anyway, I certainly apprecaite all that anyone wants to tell me about the realities of multiplyer campaigns. The dedicated server mode sounds very nice.....

Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature.