Hpasp,

The idea of ground clutter sounds cool, and using real SRTM data sounds interesting, if complex. Be careful though, since this data was taken by the space shuttle, areas that are far north or south are not available because it's impossible for the orbit of the space shuttle to cover all of the earth. Before you start, I would make sure that you have enough data for Estonia/Scandanavia, as I think the northern limit is around there somewhere.

As far as having a 3D environment is concerned, I have a compromise proposal. The user base (that's us) could make short avi files from their favorite air sims (LOMAC series, Falcon4.0, Third Wire series, etc.) of different SAM hits and misses, etc. on different aircraft types. Then we could submit these to you and all you would have to do is play a small movie clip at an appropriate time in SAM sim. I think this would be enough to give a sense of "action" for the gammers out there and would be a good chance for others to contribute too. I think something could be worked out. This is SimHQ, after all. yep