Originally Posted By: NaiseFail

*facepalm* On second thought, a line graph wouldn't work very well for showing the missile in relation to the target. You'd need a system that could display the information in 3 dimensions. In my example you can clearly see the target turning left, while the missile turns right to intercept. However, it doesn't actually display the point of detonation in relation to the target.

sigh
I understand your point, but if you read this on the simulator mainpage:
This is rather a system simulator, not a game.
The main goal during development was to simulate what the operators of the SAM battalion could see, and hear during engagement.

Think about it: SAM operators didn't had a good idea of the engagement. They didn't have a perfect 3D graphic showing the position of their target and their missiles in a timeline to study their own eficiency...

Ok, i know... "But it's not real, it's virtual simulator..." But i think that, knowing the simulator isn't a remunerated project, we can't expect this features for a near future.
Combining the plotting screen with the current AAR system looks very good and acceptable IMHO.
I liked the idea of getting a plotting table with the updates on altitude and position of detected targets and the hits, together with the current AAR, in the end of the battle.
I think that's a good and doable idea.

Last edited by Redcoalition; 02/11/11 01:15 PM.