Originally Posted By: Avimimus
Hello, I haven't followed JT as closely as perhaps I should. So I have questions:

Are there any plans for modeling of rocket dispersion and multiple types of warheads?
Also, how complex are ground targets? Are there any plans for infantry (even static)?
Or complex ground positions (eg. dug in around a building)?

If there is no rocket dispersion, the ground targets are a few buildings or vehicles (which don't react to being attacked like in DCS) - then I could obviously go back to the ThirdWire series or Jane's Fighter's Anthology for that matter. wink Right?

All I really care about is mud moving and COIN you see...

Avimimus, infantry (not static) is already implemented in the Betas. Although now they just move to pre-defined waypoints, no duck for cover or other stuff you expect from infantry units, but this gonna change in release or at least in an update after. They will surely shot at you! Small arms fire all the time wink So, no worries about missions against stuff that don't react to being attacked. Yes, they're already animated (walk cycles).

About rocket dispersion, I believe our lead programmer will add this feature, since we had also dispersion in the airplane's guns - it should be a similar implementation. About multiple types of warheads, we have to research to see what the standard RN rocket pod used in 1982 was up to. We're just getting a real Pucara pilot onboard as advisor on Pucara side of things so we might ask this for him about the rocket pods used by the Pucara and available warheads.

-----
Jet Thunder Project
http://www.thunder-works.com