Originally Posted By: Derk
Nice setup bofman, ghost!
I just scrapped the helo pit i built some time ago. Between the lack of free time and the constant fiddling and positioning of set-ups, controls, screens, etc. I just didn't get much flight time lately. The pit has become a distraction to the actual simming, instead of being the immersion factor it should be. Like another member here set somewhere else: The simming experience became more important than the actual simming. So here i am back to nothing but a desk, an X52 and a set of Saitek Pro Flight pedals, but at least i'm flying. For the near future i have set my mind on a more simple deskpit setup that also allows for other pc gaming and general use.
Let's say i plan to keep it SIMple!

i definitly know what you mean..

but sometimes you see the extravagant setups, one gets inspired to build such extravagant setups and pits...

what started it all for me was battlefield 2, where i had an original xbox controller 's' when i would fly the helicopters and planes...
playing that game was just pure bliss..

i built a helicopter pit for black shark, took 9 months to build, only really saw maybe 3 months of use, albiet it was effin awesome to use, a friend used it, landed the Ka-50 like a champ, not even had played any type of sim what so ever, let alone a dedicated helicopter sim.

but i love the process of building pits.. this time im making two very simple pits, and i agree about keeping it simple..