Rama has managed to turn this into two seperate discussions; one is about the manner in which different aircraft stall under various conditions, and the other is about the measurement of gees during stalls. The former I am rather knowledgeable about, but the latter I am not. I am no physicist, so I do not know how the mathematics work out. However, one does not need to be a physicist, or understand the mathematics, in order to know the manner in which a certain airplane will stall under certain conditions. One only needs to experience it, or else learn from a reliable source created by those who have (such as the training manuals).

I do know this from experience: the accelerometer does go to zero gees (or close to it) and you do experience weightlessness, or near-weightlessness, during a stall. The question is how long that lasts. Judging from the last few posts, I assume that weightlessness (0 gees) lasts as long as the aircraft is accelerating downward at 1 gee. So that would be until the aircraft reaches free-fall speed? Does that mean that during a free fall, no weightlessness is experienced? That doesn't sound right at all. I wish that an native English-speaking, knowledgeable party would join the discussion.

Originally Posted By: Rama
Still submitted to gravity, like anything flying, including stones, so load is 1g.

Back to this statement; it must be wrong, whether or not mine was also. Anything flying, including stones, will experience weightlessness when accelerating towards the Earth at the proper acceleration (namely, one gee). The positive gee will counter the negative gee. The overall gee will be measured as zero.