[Sigh.] You seem to study posts a lot without understanding them. I should forgive you since you're not a native English-speaker, but it's getting most tiresome. In my last post, I indicated that I understand that Earth's gravity is still being exerted on the aircraft. None the less, in the aviation world an aircraft in a stall (or diving at the correct velocity) is said to be "pulling zero gees." If you think it's a physical misnomer, take it up with the pilots. Accost the F.A.A. Don't bother me with it.

And are you trying to imply that when an aircraft is experiencing two gees, Earth's gravity has actually doubled? That's absurd. And you say that I'm bad at physics. You know, I don't think I can recall any of your posts in which you have not attacked me, rather than simply arguing with my statements.

Ming_EAF19, are you familiar with accelerometers? Do you know what that instrument reads, in an aircraft so equipped, during a stall?

Edit: I see the problem that Ming_EAF19 pointed out; namely, that gees are a measure of acceleration rather than simply force. I think I erred in my statement about free fall. Still, Rama's statement is wrong; an aircraft in which the pilot is experiencing weightlessness is not considered in the aviation community to be pulling one gee. Gees are not simply measured by "Earth's gravity plus whatever acceleration the aircraft is experiencing," or else a two-gee turn would be measured as three gees (Earth's one gee plus the two from the pull). It's more complex than that, with vectors and such. The accelerometer simply records what it "feels," and that number is the one that the pilot uses.

Quite aside from the confusion about gees (either way), my statement about the results of the various stall conditions are correct and backed by plenty of official sources, which are freely avaiable to anyone who cares to check them (which Rama, by his own admission, does not).

Last edited by Benny Moore; 09/04/08 07:09 PM.