Originally Posted By: GrizzlyT

I'm sorry if it's not what you were looking for, or expecting. It does seem more real to me, than very light controls that have no "consequences".
To each their own, right? \:\)

no malice taken...
you seem content with your creation...
i wish there was a sure fire way to do things, and u had goals which i assume you achieved.
i have my own, first i didnt know what i want, but through the trial and error process, im fiding out what it is that i am looking to achieve..

i wish i just had plans, the materials and instructions right in front of me, like a model kit...but no, life dosent work that way, unless, you want to spend 4000$ for a copycat setup or some other.

today i brought rubber, didnt know there was a science behind it. i think i pretty sure where i am heading toward with the materials i am acquiring.

you know, at first, i was like WTF..why is this pro throttle so loose...now i understand.

anwyays, i appreciate your suggestions and experiences in this sim pit building world.

we are proving to be joystick engineers!

NOTE..I did an upgrade to the foot pedals...puchased http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=1870315&PMT4NO=44543103

must have for linkages...i was trying to avoid any un-necessary play and gaps for the foot pedals...
i was using stamped tie-rod ends, that gave me 1/8 of play (1/16 for left pedal and 1/16 for right pedal) ..but with these puppies, i got it down to 1/16 (1/32" for each pedal)...

I am content with what i did ...i really hope to finish the collective soon! i friggen want to fly...mastering helicopter will be intresting and new chapter for me, in the preparation of black shark and BATTLEFIELD 3 (something tells me my next project will be the bathroom 1.e. renovating)

Last edited by hannibal; 06/23/08 11:11 PM.