Originally Posted By: GrizzlyT
 Originally Posted By: hannibal
...by the way...(anyone) has sugggestions for a friction system? im about to work on the collective, and i need a design that allows me to raise and lower the collective at any given height with out it having it flop down when i let go....plus i really do not want any stress on the pivot point of the collective, so ideally, the friction system will have to be pulled and pushed by the collective handle...but i am opened to any ideas....

I'm not sure what type of design you were going for but here's what I did to mine....

First, I used an extension damper to give it some hydraulic resistence, as I raised it. (I originally thought that was going to be enough to hold it.......not!)
It held it somewhat but the handle was still a little too heavy and it would slowly start to fall. So, I added a couple of springs, on the tail end to hold it.
They're not strong enough to lift the arm but strong enough to supplement the damper's holding ability.

Hope that helps! \:\)
And nice work BTW!!!

Can you tell me the manufacture and part number, of the hydralic damper you used on your collective???? a link to a site or store would be great too

Last edited by hannibal; 06/14/08 07:44 PM.