Originally Posted By: Flamedog
 Originally Posted By: Pretzel
My F/A-18C pit..Work in progress.

Wow! Good looking pit. However...

1. Where'd you pick up an ejection seat and the combiner glass? (That stuff isn't cheap, $30,000+ for the glass alone.)
2. What good are they going to be to you in a sim? (Can't display the HUD in the combiner unless you have an actual HUD, I'm pretty sure you won't be really ejecting yourself either.)

Which leads to my last question:

3. Are you really making this pit or is it from an actual military simulator? If you're building it yourself, it looks awesome so far. I'm just curious as to your method of parts procurement and reasons to have those parts in your sim when they would be pretty much useless (you can sit in the ejection seat, but an office or gaming chair would be much more comfortable).

Hello Flamedog,
To tell the truth everything in the picture is a replica. All except for the ejection ring handle on the seat. Even the stickers on the side of the head box are reproductions.
As you know F-18 parts are extremely hard to get ahold of so I making most of them. I like to say
"Someone made it. Why cant you?"

Yes, Im making this pit for myself and the hud works off a overhead projector reflection. Im amazed that it works too.

Again Yes, The ejection seat is very uncomfurtable just like the real thing. So I made 2 differnt seat pans. One for gaming which houses the tactile sound transducer (BASS) and thicker pad, and a replica pan for show.

HUD: Not glass but Lexan, when cut gives frosted edges just like the real thing.

Mock panel...Gonna make "C" and "F" model. I have all the military switches and DDI bezels.

My center stick. Made completly from steel. Replica grip also.

/O Salute Pretzel

Pretzelworks - We dont make the sim, we make it better.
Soon to open > FA18Hornet.net and FA18SuperHornet.net