Originally Posted By: GlynD
Michi - dropped you an email for the source code please?

Done (spamfilter caught your mail, sorry)

Quote:
problem is each helo has it's own set and there are major differences between the helos!

The problem will be when you want to fly in different helos and have a generic pit wired up to "EEST" (nice one Grizz ). Every time you jump in a different helo you will have to let the software know which helo you are in, otherwise incorrect lights will be coming on or wrong data will be returned.

I imagine it would be a major job to standardise the data coming into/out of the CommServer! It will probably be easier to have a "helo switch", this would allow EEST to adjust to what values it is expecting, if you swap helos...

Sounds like a possible solution to me.
Kind of that is already implemented in FAST, where you can choose between AF and BMS - this just would have to be extended to HAVOC/APACHE/whatever and the appropriate part in the code adapted.
Nevertheless, the user would have to jump out of the sim, change the datamodel in the GUI and hop back in.

Originally Posted By: GrizzlyT
Couldn't that already be handled, just by using different .ssi files, in SIOC?

Yes, this could be the other approach.
EEST would just do a 1-to-1 transfer of the data, with a fixed mapping of CommserverVAR <-> SiocVAR without any "processing".
You could have a rotary switch in your pit, connected to IOCard's inputs, where you select the actual airframe, and in SIOC process the incoming data dependend on this switch's position.

Sounds even better to me, than my older approach...

greetings
michi

Last edited by Michi Hirczy; 12/12/07 10:19 AM.