Originally Posted By: GrizzlyT
Wait a minute!.....Michi???
Are you the same programmer that created FAST? (The Falcon-SIOC bridge.)

ahem, *cough* *cough*, humm.. yes, that would be me..
 Quote:
If so, I kneel before you, humbled by your greatness. Your name has been mentioned, as just the guy we need to talk to....

you may rise now, unworthy! :-D
 Quote:
By "we", I mean the small group of rotor-head pit builders, that are designing pits around EECH. (My Comanche pit is posted above.)
I don't know if you follow EECH's development but one of our devs (Retro) created a shared memory/data export utility called CommServer. It's currently being used for exporting the data to UDPSpeed gauge sets. (See DickDastardly's post above.) However, it should be able to work well with SIOC, too....if someone could figure out how to make the bridge.

I read the whole CommServer thread with great interest, also your's, Kimchock's and Dick's cockpit progress reports. Actually, I'm in planning stage for a multifunction heli pit and will borrow quite some of your ideas ;-)
 Quote:
We could REALLY use your help with it. I, for one, would love to be able to have my upper panel's warning lights and stealth indicator responding correctly.
Is there any chance that FAST could be modified, to work with EECH? (EEST maybe??? Enemy-Engaged-Sioc-Transfer.)

Absolutely... I remember, that some time ago someone of the team contacted me - but I don't remember, if I really sent the sourcecode as promised *g*.
FAST is really, really simple. I haven't checked EEComm's protocol, but there should only small modifications be necessary to work with EEC.

@GlynD: The sourcecode is not available (yet) for download. Please send me an email to fast AT f16simulator.net and I'll send you the code, so you can have a look at it.

As written above, it should only be necessary to modify the data extraction function and define the Vars to use in SIOC.

I haven't had a look at the code for some monthes now, and there definitely are some bugs, but I think we should be able to work them out.

greetings
michi