Thank you for the kind words! It's not in the same league as your drop dead awesome Comanche 'pit, but I may think of building something when I have more room. Speaking of room, I'm already in my man cave \:\) It was actually part of our agreement before we moved in together. "Honey, I have a cockpit. Ow! No, I don't mean you! No, I mean for flying simulators. I need to have some space for it so I need a den." So I have my own room (which I call my "office" because it sounds like I may actually do something productive in there) and it has my bookshelves and perhaps soon other aviation-releated stuff.

I'm on CH's forum all the time and I've submitted the pic there. I don't think it will get me anything free given that I seem pretty willing to keep sending them my money so they know they have me hooked and reeled in. A couple people over there have commented on it.

The dual trackballs are because I tend to prefer them over mice. The one on the left is what I use for my getting around when I'm using the computer like a computer. The one on the right is for radar cursor manipulation or similar stuff so I can keep my hand on the stick. I also have a Razer Copperhead which isn't in that pick for FPS.

That's also what that circular thing is for. It's a small keyboard which has been designed for FPS games. Called the Wolf Claw (sometimes called the Wolf King Warrior), it is a driverless 2nd keyboard that is optimized for one-handed use. I used to be an arrow-key driver until games got too complicated and there were too many buttons. I can't do the wasd thing very well because they are not lined up like the arrow keys I'm used to. On this keyboard, those keys are perfectly lined up which is more natural to me. But your number keys are in an arc over your hand and there are many large buttons for your thumb to bounce around on. I really can't play fps games without it to be honest, I'm that spoiled by it. Does it make me any better? Not really I don't think - but I do find I'm less of a klutz and generally less frustrated.

One more CH MFP panel will go where that keyboard is, I'm just not done the little graphic I'm making for it so I didn't want to just have a blank one there. Overall I'm pretty happy and I didn't need to "build" anything, just assemble it. When we get a house together though, I think I will be building a modified Akers-Barnes pit which will have dimensions to hold all of my MFP's and maybe even more of them.

I can't remember if you have pics of yours here, or just in the EECH thread. If not, you need to show yours because it is nothing short of amazing. That's one of my favourite pits I've ever seen.

Corsair8X

virtually making history 30mm at a time