Originally Posted By: Magnum SimHQ
I'm hearing alot of negative things about the feeling of the drive, besides you claiming how great it is

Hi Magnum, let's get one thing straight before I type anything further. I have never made any comment on the drive modelling (Until this post, that is). I have only ever made positive comments on the game, in its entirety.

As you know, I've never been one to bleat along with the crowd. I'm my own man, I make my own opinions and to hell with what anyone else thinks \:\)

I appreciate that until you get the game, that you can only go off what others say.

As Jeevz alluded to, the demo is pretty representative of the final release. I'll be the first to admit that the drive modelling isn't on a par with Forza 2, but it's most defiantly 100% better than something like PGR3. If put on the spot, I'd say that the drive model lies somewhere between the two titles, but edges more towards Forza. However, the damage model, on the other hand, is easily up there with Forza 2, perhaps even better in some cases? Also, although you can't upgrade the cars, the level of tweaking is on a par with Forza as well, IMO.

I've also read that the PC version sucks when compared to the 360 release. Lots of people on the PC are having problems with their wheels, graphics, framerates and Starfarce protection.

I said in another post, on SimHQ, that I'm quite prepared to view my definition of a simulation along these lines. If a title manages to capture the feel, spirit and essence of the subject that it attempts to portray, rather than a mere technical readout, data comparison. Then I consider it to be simulation. I then reproduced an exert from a post here (I don't know if you read it?), where I said the following...

"When I play DiRT it feels like I'm playing a Man's motorsport title (please excuse the implied sexism). Imagine that you're approaching a crest at near 100mph, and you take to the air in a 18 foot high jump, only to land 100 feet, further down the backside of the hill. You've then got 0.5 seconds to battle the wheel and keep the damn car from rolling, before hitting the brakes, whilst crunching those gears down, redlining the engine rev's and making it scream out loud in protest. The wheel shakes, you grip even harder. The tyres screech, the gravel and chippings rattle off your car, invading your concentration. Above all this noise, you suddenly hear your Nav' call out, "Left - 2. Narrows - 1"... GULP!!! Well all I can say is that the pucker factor is pretty high. It's not a motorsport title for the meek, it's a Man's game (or even a butch ladies game, lol)."

I then went onto say, that if a title can make me feel like that, then in my book, that's what I can define as a simulation!

It's a pity that you haven't gotten it today, I was looking forward to trying some mulitplay with you. Ahh well, those 24 hours will soon pass, no doubt. Tomorrow, when you've gotten accustomed to how the title feels and handles, and you're ready to try some online play, message me. I should be on Live pretty much all day. I'll be waiting for you, lol.

P.S. My last paragraph also applies to all my other New World, colonial friends. If any of you want to try some multiplay, then just message me.

See you all tomorrow \:\)

Hengist.